Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday Digression

Today I had a panic run for my car, scared I'd parked where the city was planning to do street cleaning on Friday, but thank the parking space gods, no ticket decorated my windshield or side mirror. Fate smiled on my car, for a change, but probably not for long.

I thought I saw on a weather forecast last night that it was supposed to warm up a bit today. Warm up from what to what? I still needed my gloves and hat, so I ran back home and picked up my mail. A notice to pay some money for earlier parking tickets awaited me. One year I paid $554 in parking ticket payments. I felt personally responsible for supporting the city. Nowadays, though, they are giving us more than 12 hours' notice of street sweeping, as they were when I first came here.

Well, in Chicago, it's considered progress. What can I say?

Remember: I can help you put together a great resume or proofread your self-published book for $22 an hour, flat rate. No mysterious charges for pencils or Post-its, no "service fees," and for most projects, postage is extra while electronic files come and go for free. I use the U.S. Postal Service generally, but if you want overnight service or any other special treatment, you can have it, along with the receipt for what it cost. I ask for a down payment in advance of the work, based on what it is and how long I think it'll take me to complete the job. Special privileges accrue for repeat clients.


Coming up this week:


  • More advice about resumes
  • More discussion about semicolons
  • More, more, more . . . of everything

No comments:

Post a Comment